About the author...
The Mindful Dramatist
M. J. Padgett is first and foremost a mom. Her free-spirited daughter has quite a vivid imagination, and her antics sometimes find their way into her mommy’s work. She is a lover of all things chocolate, a Grimm and Dickens addict, a self-proclaimed smarty-pants, and an introvert to the core.
M. J. has a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management. While in college, M. J. worked as a veterinary technician at an emergency practice in upstate South Carolina. She then relocated to Jacksonville, Florida, where she worked as a hazardous waste inspector for the state. After her child was born, she became a full-time stay-at-home mom and writer. MJ currently resides in Savannah, Georgia with her husband and daughter.
Writing is her true passion (after raising her daughter, of course), and she writes as often as possible. One of her favorite things about writing is creating a world where people can escape reality for a little while, maybe even walk away feeling hopeful about the real world around them. When it comes to reading, she loves a book that can make her forget where she is no matter the genre. If she can get lost and feel like the characters are her real friends, she’s a happy reader.
"It's been a while since I've read such a book... I was immensely impressed by the writer." - Amazon Reviewer
"Padgett has put together a completely wonderful world. This is not an ordinary tale of myth and magic, sword and sorcery. It is as though she stumbled upon some ancient recipe and in so doing somehow stole the essence of Lewis, Tolkien, and Yong to conceive an aperitif of adventure. " - The Book Dragon
"MJ Padgett has hit ALL emotions known to mankind with this riveting story about betrayal, revenge, and redemption!!" - Amazon Reviewer
"If your looking for a fairytale with a bite...you've found it. It was well thought out & very enjoyable!" - Amazon Reviewer
"Snow Kissed is full of suspense, adventure, romance, and lovable characters! It is a surprising, fresh take on a familiar fairy tale, with unexpected twists and some definitely swoon-worthy love interests! And it's only the beginning... I've also read the second book and I can say this series only gets better as it goes. Definitely worth purchasing!" - CCrawfordWriting
What's happening now?
Book one in The House of Aurum Trilogy
This young adult fantasy novel is available for pre-order and will release on
Current Works in Progress...
Vella: Blur the Lines
VIP Page: The Friendship Project
Offline: I'm Pretty Sure I'm Gonna Hate You to Death Van St. Clair
My goals for the new year are a little different from 2020. Last year was a banner year for productivity (I released 14 books!) but that level of output is not sustainable at all. After all, my writing was the only thing I could control in a year gone mad, but this year I plan to slow things down a little, get to know my readers a little better, and find fun new ways to interact with you all! But I'll still be writing!
THIS YEAR'S GOALS:
1. Release at least one installment of each open series including The Secret Author Series, The Projects of Life Series, I'm Pretty Sure About That Series, the last novel in the History of Goranin Trilogy, and the last novel in The Demolition Trilogy. (Update... after much consideration and worry, I have decided to release the last book in The Demolition Trilogy, then pause all other YA romance books until further notice.)
2. Release a super-secret stand-alone novel (stay tuned for teasers later this year!) I think you guys will really like this one! (Update... this turned into a trilogy...oops!)
3. Release the first novel in a super-secret spin-off series (hint... it's related to a series that just finished!) (Update... this turned into a single book told in multiple POVs!)
4. Find ways to interact more with readers including a more active presence on social media, frequent blogs, book signings and tours, podcasts, contests and giveaways, author Q&A sessions, Facebook live stream, and (if all goes well) a special VIP surprise! (Update... the VIP surprise is live!)
5. Spend less time worrying about what I can't change and focus on what I can manage. That's a hard one for me, and it is almost always on my goals list... maybe this year is the year?